Association of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers
The Guild is a registered charity and is run by officers and committee elected by members at the Annual General Meeting which takes place in November. The committee consists of a chairman and vice chairman, secretary, treasurer, programme secretary plus additional members. We also have a non-elected President who keeps a benevolent eye on things. The committee meets during most meetings to maintain the efficient running of the Guild and welcomes approaches prior to committee meetings with any queries or problems members may have.
Local Guilds like ours are affiliated to the Association of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers whose aims are to:
- encourage and maintain integrity and excellence of craftsmanship
- foster a sense of beauty of material texture, colour and design
- foster the aims for individuals through the Certificate of Achievement
- promote opportunities for exchange of information through lectures, library facilities, conferences and exhibitions (both locally and nationally)
- further cooperation between member guilds and liaise with other guilds and societies with like aims
The Association organizes national events, exhibitions and conferences and produces a quarterly magazine The Journal. We send a delegate and an observer to the Association’s AGM or conference (alternate years) each April and so have a direct report of any changes or advances. Further details of all the above points are available from the secretary.